Wednesday 31 October 2007

What's That Smell? *sniff - sniff*

I recently watched ‘Perfume’, upon recommendation from a new friend. Heard about it I have, and you can say that I am aware of a movie bearing the title, but that’s about it. So, there I was in front of me telly, watching the epilogue, and not knowing what to expect from the movie.

And to my suprise.... It is of so much element. The first chapter is filled with spilling fish guts, vormit, carcasses, muck, dirty nails, more spilling fish guts, more carcasses, and even more spilling fish guts and carcasses....... oh, you know what I mean. But as we moved to the second part, it switched to a wonderous and aromatic delight, as if all the fragrance from the movie came to life. And the final part was just diabolical and sinister, with a lot of uncanny death, one disturbing orgy scene and one vengeful finale.

It was fish guts, then perfume and finally death.

It was, disgusting, then deserving and punishment, last.

It was revolting-pleasant-unforgiving.

Illed-odourous, refreshing, merciless.

How disturbing? And I lurrrrrrrrveeee disturbing stories. I'm not happy watching it, nor was I pleased, not sad or uneasy by it, I'm befuddled but thrilled, and I liked it. Thanks Nadia for the recommendation.

.... and that's that.

No comments: