Friday 26 October 2007

*... ippen shinde miru?* Of Grudge, Revenge, Anti-heroism & Dark Justice

So to speak, I was watching Jigoku Shouju-Girl From Hell ( live action, not anime) last nite. Brief synopsis; Should you, me or any other Jack from the street has grudges or feeling avengeful against anyone who did them wrong, they can go to this website and submit the name of the wrong-doers. Long story short, the Hell Girl a.k.a Jigoku Shouju a.k.a Enma Ai and her trusty disciples will come to torment them horrifically before sending them on a gloomy boat ride to hell. There's a catch. Once it is avenged, the submitter (??) is booked a spot in hell as well when they die. Don't you think that's rather interesting? Well, off course except for the Pre-Booked Hell Membership part.... but that is besides the point!

Let me share this with everyone now. Well, I have, how to put this... a thing, rather an acute interest in Anti-heroism and Dark Justice. Nothing appeal to me more than when justice is serve malicously and malevolently righteous. Nothing sends a spark of excitement brighter than when a dire bully is punished in vile and horrendous punishment. Nothing gives me the utmost satisfaction than to witness the wicked unjust people who thought they can escape the law finally beg to be spared their life, yet it was too awfully late then.

It's not that I'm Marilyn Manson or anything, it is just that to my believe when the governing system is innefficient, and when the supposed officials are unworthy, and when the authority is corrupted, and when the enforcers are ineffective, we resolve to one reliable mean, the one mean that we think will be able to uphold justice and by all means taking matters at our own hand. By me that would mean justice per se, not justice as in the real thing-justice (the thing my sis, Fad is intensely fighting for). By me that would mean Newton Law No. 3 that is, each action causes reaction, or rather a simple orthodox principle of it, or even the Sang Kancil version of it 'Buat jahat dibalas jahat.'

Thus, I found that movies/series/comics/anime/manga such as Death Note, V for Vendetta (fave quote: People should not be scared of their government, the government should be scared of their people) Jigoku Shoujo and...........what else arr? I can't quite think of any right now..... et cetera, et cetera..... and all of the similar type are soooooo appealing.

I say you go and watch them, recommended.

.... and that's that.

No comments: