Tuesday 23 October 2007

Wilde

Assalamualaikum wbt. friends and acquaintance...

And as we start this journey, as I said time and again, all stories and tales, had it been about truth, nothingness or whatever, is all, after all a journey. Thus I start to spill from my quill, nothing in my humble intent but merely to sharpen its tip, or as some people say, nothing more than a modest appetizer, with my favorite quote (at least for now).

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

So much to say that yours truly, nothing unlike the next person, just a man with a mask and telling truth, nothingness and whatever.

For this blog, my tales and story, or rather… journey, is all about everything, from my working life, to my spare times, my dearest friends… and everything, for “It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.”(-Oscar Wilde)

Thus I strife to present to you on a silver platter as much as useless information as I possibly can, the world can never get enough of it.

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” (- Oscar Wilde, again). Alas, warning for thee, I am no joker. Sarcastic and malevolent I may be, but humorous I may not. However, out of my fear of getting killed, I try to joke around and about, forcing smile from your faces.

As you may notice, it seems like I have an obsession with Wilde. Trust me that it is not of that sort.... To me, in spite of his self-obsessed ludicrous ethics and his worrisome sexual orientation, his ideas are versatile and he represents and influence so much of the nowadays revolutionnaire. People inspired other people. As he himself best put it “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” (- Wilde)

However, we paved our own route, fight our own fight, in the best way we think is appropriate and at our own passion. It’s not even proper to say that we copy everything. Essential it is, as to use mimicry and quotes of others, we are our own self. Let that be nothing but a guide, as every stroke and swing is ours still. As Oscar, again, put it “Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter” (- Wilde)

.... and that’s that.

No comments: